XL Breast Augmentation Post Op Care Instructions
1. Sleeping in an upright position for 1 week after surgery.
2. No heavy lifting for 4-6 weeks.
3. Keep your hands and elbows to your side for 2 weeks.
4. No driving for 2 weeks post Breast Augmentation Overfill or until off narcotic pain medication completely and able to react to an emergency.
5. Please take the medications as directed. Antibiotic medication (if prescribed) is taken for 3 days or until the drains are removed. Pain, nausea, and muscle relaxant medication are taken as needed. Never take medication on an empty stomach and always space out the medications by an hour.
6. Constipation is very common due to the pain medication and anesthesia. Please use Colace (over the counter) or any stool softener that has worked with you in the past.
7. If you develop a rash or think you are having an allergic reaction to the medication please call our office immediately. Sometimes Benadryl will help.
8. No exercises for 4-6 weeks post surgery. We will follow up with each patient at post-surgical visits to give them their workout restraints.
9. Cant get the breast wet incision line wet for 4-6 weeks post surgery. When you do go in the shower regular soap and water. When you come out of the shower, get your hair dryer put on low and cold setting to dry the incision lines completely
10. No ocean water, jacuzzi, or pool water for 8 weeks post surgery or until the incision is fully healed.
11. No tanning or sun exposure to the incision until the your incision has healed completely.
12. Please do not put scar creams or ointments on the incision immediately after surgery, you may irritate the area or cause an allergic reaction.
13. After surgery you will have dressings, surgical bra, and stockings provided to you. Please leave everything on until we see you which is usually 3 days post surgery. The surgical bra strap band needs to be placed at the bottom of the breast for support.
14. You may expect to be swollen for a few weeks. This is why it will also take time for the breast to reach their final shape and size.
15. For Scar treatment most patients will use scar ointment, which you may get from our office.
16. Wear the surgical bra for a total of 4 weeks. You may wear a comfortable sports bras or regular non-under wire bras after you get rid of your surgical bra. You wear sports bras for 4 weeks.
17. Nice under wire bras are okay once you have full sensation at the bottom of the breast and closer to 2 months post surgery. Please note that when you do have Overfill breast sometimes you will need to get custom bras ordered with a lot of support.
18. You may have some drainage from the incision lines and its normal after suture removal and its usually a light yellow discharge. Please keep the area as dry as possible. If there is significant drainage please contact our office as soon as possible.
19. If there is redness on the incision line or it feels tender, please call our office and send photos.
20. Incision lines and final results may take up to about a year.
21. Please keep in touch via email, and send photos to confirm suture removal, then continue to send photos at your 3rd week, 1 month, 2nd month, 4th month, 6th month…etc. (wearing cute Bras)
22. If you would like to blog or write a testimonial of your experience in our office please see the following websites