Revisionary Breast Surgery Post op Care Instructions
1. Sleeping in an upright reclined position for 1-2 weeks after surgery.
2. No heavy lifting for 1-3 months or longer. Do not strain your upper body muscles for 3 months or longer.
3. No reaching out or above your shoulders for 1-3 months or longer.
4. Keep your hands and elbows to your side for 2-12 weeks or longer.
5. No driving for 1-6 weeks post Breast Revision surgery or until off narcotic pain medication completely and can respond to an emergency. When going back to driving please keep arms low and only drive short distances.
6. Please take the medications as directed. Antibiotic medication (if prescribed) is taken for 3 days or until the drains are removed. Pain, nausea, and muscle relaxant medication are taken as needed. Never take medication on an empty stomach and always space out the medications by an hour.
7. Constipation is very common due to the pain medication and anesthesia. Please use Colace (over the counter) or any stool softener that has worked with you in the past.
8. If you develop a rash or think you are having an allergic reaction to the medication please call our office immediately. Sometimes Benadryl will help.
9. No upper body exercises for 3 months post breast repair surgery. We will follow up with each patient at post-surgical visits to give them their workout restraints.
10. Cant get the breast wet incision line wet for 3 weeks post surgery and not until the bolster dressing can come off.
11. No ocean water, jacuzzi, or pool water for 8 weeks post surgery or until the incision is fully healed.
12. No tanning or sun exposure to the incision until the incision has healed completely.
13. Please do not put scar creams or ointments on the incision immediately after surgery, you may irritate the area or cause an allergic reaction.
14. After surgery you will have dressings, surgical bra, Bolster dressing, and stockings provided to you. Please leave everything on until we see you, which is usually 3 days post surgery.
15. If you do have supportive Bolster dressing, please leave on and do not remove for at least 2 months. If it needs to be reinforced you may apply and use more tape to keep it tight and supportive. The longer you can tolerate the bolster dressing is best for your results.
16. You may expect to be swollen for a few weeks. This is why it will also take time for the breast to reach their final shape and size.
17. For Scar treatment most patients will use scar ointment, which you may get from our office.
18. Wear the surgical bra for a total of 4 weeks. You may wear a comfortable sports bra or regular non-underwire bras after you get rid of your surgical bra. You wear sports bras for 4 weeks.
19. Nice under wire bras are okay once you have full sensation at the bottom of the breast and is no longer wearing the bolster dressing. This will be closer to 3 months post surgery.
20. You may have some drainage from the incision lines and its normal and usually a light yellow discharge. Please keep the area as dry as possible. If there is significant drainage please contact our office as soon as possible.
21. If there is redness on the incision line or it feels tender, please call our office and send photos.
22. Incision lines and final results may take up to about a year.
23. Please keep in touch via email, and send photos, then continue to send photos at your 3rd week, 1 month, 2nd>month, 4th month, 6th month…etc. (wearing cute Bras)
24. Please call us with any concerns Mon-Friday 8:30am-5:30 pm at 619- 466-8851 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please know that calling may ensure a faster response.
25. If you would like to blog or write a testimonial of your experience in our office please see the following websites