Breast Augmentation: Pre-op Instructions
PRE-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR BREAST SURGERY
1. If you smoke, it would be very beneficial if you refrain from smoking at least one week prior to your surgery. This is to help your lungs and circulation be in their best condition for surgery and to aid in healing.
2. Please do not take any aspirin or ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Aleve) for 2 weeks preceding surgery. These substances can cause excessive bleeding. You may take any Tylenol products if necessary.
3. No diet pills or herbal supplements two weeks prior to surgery.
4. On the day of surgery, please do not wear wigs, hairpins, jewelry, false eyelashes, or contact lenses. Wear or bring loose-fitting clothing and/or button down blouse. It would be a good idea to bring a pillow to make your ride home more comfortable. You may wear panties during the surgery.
5. If you have long hair, please pull it away from your face with a band.
6. If there are any long hairs in the nipple area, carefully snip them short, but do not shave them. Carefully shave underarms 48 hours prior to surgery and not later.
7. Please DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING after midnight the day before surgery.
8. Have prescriptions filled before your surgery.
9. If you develop any illness prior to your surgery, contact our office as soon as possible.