Thigh – Buttock Lifting
Drooping of the thighs, buttocks, and hips may occur for many reasons. The sagging tissue can be repositioned and lifted into a more youthful position. New developments and understanding of the anatomical changes responsible for aging of thigh, buttock, hip, and abdomen tissue have resulted in the development of improved procedures utilizing incisions that can be hidden by bathing suits.
These procedures can tighten loose fat and skin in the thigh, buttock, and hip areas, resulting in more youthful skin tone and improved contours. Learn more about the body contouring options, including liposuction and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Brazilian butt lift?
It is an increasingly popular procedure that can reshape and enhance the appearance of the buttocks by adding projection to the buttock with fat injections.
How can I maintain the Brazilian butt lift?
Leading a reasonable, healthy lifestyle, moderate exercise and avoiding big shifts in weight all help maintain the result.
Who is a candidate for a Brazilian buttock lift?
- Women who would like a better proportion of their buttock relative to the rest of their body.
- Women who want to have an enhancement of the buttocks using their own fatty tissue.
- Women who have either never had a useful roundness or those who have lost their buttock fullness because of age, genetics, weight loss and pregnancy.
- Women who desire a larger buttock area and have reasonable expectations and adequate available fat.
What is involved in a Brazilian butt lift procedure?
- Requires removing fat from available areas like the abdomen, flanks and thighs through tiny incisions.
- The fat is cleansed of impurities.
- Fat is injected and the buttock is sculpted using tiny incisions.
- Fat is injected into several different layers to create a structural improvement.
- It is performed under general anesthesia and the small incisions are sutured and an elastic garment is placed.
How long does a Brazilian butt lift last?
For most patients, the result is permanent. Essentially, the amount of injected fat that you have six months after the surgery is what will remain. A patient who loses a significant amount of weight in the whole body would become smaller everywhere including the buttocks. but the relationship between the buttocks and the rest of the body usually stays the same.
When can I resume exercising after a Brazilian butt lift?
It is recommended that you avoid strenuous exercise that would have a tendency towards diminished fat for about 4-6 weeks after surgery.
What is the healing like after a Brazilian buttock lift?
Patients are instructed to ambulate the day of surgery. While they are able to sit on their buttocks and lay on their backs, it is generally urged that they don’t initially. There is usually mild discomfort which is alleviated with pain medication. Most patients are able to return to non-strenuous work after 5-6 days and resume light exercise after 3-4 weeks while avoiding strenuous exercise for 6 weeks.
Are there risks involved in the Brazilian butt lift?
As with any surgery, there are potential problems but they are minimized in the hands of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally, a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Most postoperative complications are minor, temporary and can be easily treated. Following all of your pre and postoperative treatment instructions will help minimize any potential problems.
How long should I wear a compression garment?
It is generally recommended to be worn for 3-8 weeks after surgery depending on the extent of the procedure.
When can I sit after a Brazilian butt lift?
It is generally felt that you shouldn’t sit directly on the buttock area for 2-4 weeks.
When will I see the results of a Brazilian butt lift?
You can see the results right away. Swelling will gradually diminish over the 2-6 months after surgery. Ultimately, what remains at 6 months will usually be permanent
What are the other options to a Brazilian butt lift?
It depends on the desired goal and the individual’s anatomy:
- In some patients, liposuction of the surrounding areas alone may produce a better figure and emphasize the buttock.
- Buttock implants.
- Patients with loose skin may benefit from a belt lipectomy or lower body lift.
What type of anesthesia is used?
It is performed under general anesthesia in our Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) fully accredited office based surgical facility. Anesthesia is provided by a board certified anesthesiologist.